This is the licence required before you can receive any remuneration for your flying. At Ravenair we undertake the training for this licence in the PA38/PA28 and twin-engine Piper PA34 Seneca.
Pre entry requirements for the CPL course:
- Have complied with all Part-FCL pre-requisites
- Be the holder of a Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL)
- Passed all the CPL or ATPL theorectical Knowledge exams as set out in Part-FCL
- Hold a Multi-Engine Piston (Land) Rating
- Hold a Class 1 Medical
- Have completed 150 hours flight time as a pilot (200 hours required for licence issue):
- 100 hours as Pilot-in-Command
- 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight training as Pilot-in-Command.
- One Cross Country flight of at least 300nm, during which a full stop landing at two aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure took place.
25 hours flying, including:
- 5 hours on a complex aircraft (PA34)
- For applicants without an Instrument Rating (IR), 10 hours of instrument dual instruction time, of which not more than 5 hours is to be instrument ground time (simulator).
Skill Test with CAA appointed Flight Examiner